Working in partnership
  1. Home
  2. Our services
  3. Locations
  4. Service users and carers
  5. Professionals
  6. Get involved
  7. News
  8. About us
  9. Contact us
  10. Careers

Drugs and alcohol - Bedfordshire


We help people recover from drug or alcohol misuse and support them on their treatment journey.


Who we are

Our service is provided through a partnership between the Northamptonshire NHS Foundation Trust and CAN. The CAN Partnership forms a highly experienced, integrated and multidisciplinary team led by a consultant psychiatrist and team of specialist doctors, who are supported by substance misuse recovery nurses and recovery practitioners. Our main services are based in Bedford and Dunstable.


What we do

Our integrated service gives you access to a full range of medical, psychological and social options to help you recover from alcohol or drug misuse.

  • We will support you throughout your treatment journey with an emphasis on what is right for you as an individual.
  • We are part of The CAN Partnership, which provides an integrated substance misuse service to adults in Bedford and Bedfordshire.
  • You can refer yourself to this service by either dropping in to our open access service where the duty worker will see you. Please contact the most convenient hub for you for the drop-in times. You don’t need to make an appointment to be seen. You can also contact us by emailing, phoning or writing to us.


More information

Helping people recover from drug or alcohol misuse has obvious health and wellbeing benefits for the individual, but it also has wider positive implications for families and communities. For more information visit the CAN website at

Last updated: 23 January 2015

back to top imageBack to top of page

Drugs and alcohol - Bedfordshire contact us

The Bedford Hub
21 The Crescent
MK40 2RT

Phone 01234 352220

The Dunstable Hub
67 High Street North

Phone 01582 501780



For help and advice with a referral to the drug and alcohol services please visit your GP or a professional involved in your care, such as a mental health professional or social worker. They can send your referral to one of the addresses listed above. You can also refer yourself to this service by either dropping in to our open access service where the duty worker will see you.

We would like to place cookies on your computer to make your experience of our website faster and more convenient. To find out more, please refer to our Privacy Policy.

Please choose a setting: